Sunday 14 December 2014

Blog to Book

My sister is visiting me, this blog has been created by her.

Why you ask? Because she loves my food, well everyone loves my food.  Over the last 35 years of feeding and nurturing my family, and friends, I have received many compliments.  I have been asked to share my recipes, give cooking classes, I even considered opening a cafe, catering etc - all possibilities when its the time.

As starters this is my "virtual cafe and kitchen".  Here I will bring my recipes, the experience that I have gained experimenting with the local cuisine, sometimes modifying and sometimes adding it to my way of cooking.  I have lived and travelled in the Middle East, Africa, Pakistan,  and many visits to US and Canada and the Far East. Everywhere that I have cooked, and shared my cooking, the basic underpinning remains the same. It is to feed, to nurture, to support my family, and my family of friends.

My vision of this blog is to bring recipes of the Indian and Pakistani food to anyone looking for easy, delicious, healthy and fresh way of feeding the body and soul.   The food that these recipes create will feed your body through the combinations of spices, specific to the physical and emotional condition of the person being fed. The modifications and variations will be shared that I learned from the wonderful and loving women that have been part of my life and this journey, my grandmother, my mother, my mother-in-law, my aunt and my best friend; as well as my daughter, who provides the ultimate inspiration and motivation to create new and interesting recipes.

I hope you all enjoy experimenting with the recipes I offer here and the tips I share.  I will be delighted to hear your comments and if in any way you have modified what I share. This is the lineage, this is the sharing and this is our heritage.

As each bite is chewed, as the flavors slowly savored, the energy nurtures the mind and body and uplifts the spirit.  Bon Apetit! or Buen Provecho!

1 comment:

  1. What a joy to taste your food, and now as we share our recipes over video chats, the distance seems to have been bridged. Look forward to more meals together.

    ReplyDelete